Best Survival Knife - Survival Knife Review

So who decides what the Best Survival Knife is? Well, I guess it depends on many things. First of all, size does matter. A Swiss Army knife or a regular folding knife will not do in my opinion. A solid survival knife better be able to do what it was designed for. Help me survive!

Folding Bed Table

Bring up this subject around men in any social situation, like the prettiest girl, toughest MMA fighter, best way to remodel a kitchen and you will get some extremely strong opinions!

Folding Bed Table

Over the years, my perception of the Best Survival Knives have changed for the better. The Ultimate Survival Knife better be lightweight, easy to conceal, do the job for which it is intended and be adaptable to any situation. Probably most importantly, it needs to be tough, durable and easy to sharpen.

If you are hunting, fishing, camping or backpacking in the bush, a good knife is as essential to your survival as anything else. Being outdoors with the right tools gives you the confidence that if something unfortunate happens, you are definitely prepared to deal with it.

That is why the word "survival" truly applies, because the knife you choose actually aids in your survival outdoors and is really one of the most powerful outdoor "tools" available. So make sure your decision is based on solid research and sound advice from an expert in the Survival game.

I seem to have a long standing beef with folding knives. Because they are allowed to fold, means that the Survival Knife has to incorporate a hinge. Not good. Hinges will fail and in an intense situation the mechanism could break, leaving you with two pieces. Both pieces would have limited capabilities rendering the original knife useless.

I have had to bend somewhat in my opinions as of late. It has been pointed out to me that the technology and materials used in Folding Survival Knives have become superior and extremely durable. So being the adaptable young man that I am, I now own a Folding Survival Knife along with my trusty old Tang Survival knife.

The handle and the blade of The Tang Survival Knives are all one unit. Some of these handles may have an additional material added as a grip for comfort. Having the handle and blade all one piece gives you have the strongest knife available.

I am going to break away from traditional thought. Some outdoors men will argue that the best Survival Knife must contain various tools like a screwdriver, tweezers, nail file, scissors, bottle opener, can opener, and a host of other "Junk". You can't underestimate the Basics of Life: Water, food, shelter and a Good Survival Knife around.

As I'm considering the possibility of death, all I really want to do is file my nails while I'm looking for screws so that I can open all my beer bottles. Anything I need to do in an outdoor emergency situation can be handled with a True Survival or Proper Tactical Knife. A solid Survival Knife will eject any sliver, open any bottle and yes even extract a screw if one is to be found in remote wilderness.

I have actually been adamant that my Survival Knife be equipped with saw like teeth on the dull side of the blade. When properly sharpened (I do my own sharpening) the blade can cut through most greenery in any wilderness. So needless to say, all the extra little toys that most manufacturers say are mandatory in making a valid Survival knife are full of bunk.

My favorite Survival Knife most likely includes Custom Knives for Sale that have a well sewn leather sheath and the handle is constructed in a way that most 4x4s could run over it and you would need to replace the tire. It is difficult to tell just how well the knife is built from a novice point of view. You are advised to choose a reputable brand name from a trusted dealer online or off.

Best Survival Knife - Survival Knife Review
Folding Bed Table

Baby Cradle Bedding Bed Safety Rail Full Motion Tv Bracket